Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Puts Three People In Hospital

Posted on Saturday, December 30, 2017 05:43 AM

Three people are in Saint John Regional Hospital with carbon monoxide poisoning and 25 people were displaced after an incident at 1 Stephen Park, an NB Housing apartment building off Crown Street on Friday evening.

Saint John Fire Crews were called around 10 PM and upon arrival found three people had been removed from the building by Saint John Police after Carbon Monoxide detectors had gone off in the building.

NB Housing and Enbridge Gas were called in to investigate and a Saint John Transit bus was dispatched as a warming centre until all of the people evacuated found accommodations on their own, except for two people who were helped by the Canadia Red Cross.

A total of five people were taken to the Regional Hospital with Carbon Monoxide poisoning but two were released.